What are cookies?
Two types of cookies are used on this website:
- Session Cookies. These are temporary cookies, which only exist until you close the browser you are using to access the website.
- Persistent Cookies. These are cookies, which remain in your cookie file after you have visited our website. These cookies help us identify you when you return to our site.
None of the cookies used on our website collect personally identifiable information about you.
We employ cookies for the following purposes:
- Maintaining user preferences. Our website has a link to allow you to view the site with a larger font size, for example - a cookie is set to allow that preference to remain between page visits and on your future return to the website.
- To allow certain functions and to help you navigate the website efficiently
- Session management (see above)
Cookies set by this site
|Cookie name||Cookie type||Purpose of cookie|
|PHPSESSID||Session||This cookie is used by the PHP scripting language to allow SESSION variables to be saved on the webserver. This cookie is essential for the operation of this website.
|font_size||Persistent||This cookie allows you to specify what size you would like to view the text and allows your browser to remember this choice.|
|Persistent|| These cookies are set by Google to allow us to track the use of the site. These cookies are not set if you switch off cookies for this site.
Further information about cookies can be found at the Interactive Advertising Bureau's website www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies set by Third Party sites
The content of this website is updated regularly, and we may embed content from websites such as:
As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from any of these services you may be presented with cookies from these websites. This website, the website owners and the website and software developers do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
How to control and delete cookies
You can use the cookie bar at the top of this site to allow or block any non-essential cookies. However, if you wish to restrict or block all the cookies which are set by us, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer (including those from this visit) as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile device you will need to refer to your handset manual.